CAT Admit Card is expected to be published at the official website starting from last week of August. Admit Card is a vital document to be carried along at the time of examination expected to be scheduled in the month of June. CAT Admit Card is a provisional document that verifies students’ candidature in the exam. However, it should always be supported with some valid some valid photo ID at examination center.
CAT is expected to be conducted in the month of November-December as a computer based exam. Each question in the exam will carry 3 marks thus making the total marks of 100, with 1 mark as penalty for incorrect responses. Result of the exam will be published at the official website a week after the exam.
Steps to Download Admit Card
As mentioned earlier, admit card will be available at the official website. Candidates will be required to enter some details to download their admit cards. Here’s the steps you need to follow to download your Admit Card
- Go to official website
- Click on link Download Hall Tickets.
- Enter Registration Number and Date of birth as login details
- Download and save your Admit Card
- Verify all the details mentioned in the admit card
- Obtain admit card in hard copy for future reference.
Details mentioned in CAT Admit Card
Admit Card is admission document that verifies students’ candidature in the exam. It comprises basic details about the candidates and scheduled exam. The information about the candidates and scheduled exam is extracted from the details provided in CAT Application Form. Details present in the Admit Card are mentioned below.
- Date of Birth
- Scheduled Date
- Scheduled Time
- Roll Number
Discrepancy in CAT Admit Card
Candidates are advised to check all the details present in the Admit Card. Any deviation in the information present in the admit card and actual details will result in cancellation of candidature. Since Admit Card is the only document that is used for verifying students’ candidature in the examination, it of utmost importance for all the details present in it to be latest and accurate.
Candidates with misprints, errors and spell mistakes are advised to report the concerned authorities immediately. The discrepancies are to be reported to the board well before the scheduled to make necessary arrangements before the exam.
Plagiarizing the CAT admit card is a punishable offence by law.
CAT Exam Centers
CAT is expected to be conducted across India. Appearing candidates are required to choose any one of the following listed Exam Centers while filling the CAT Form. The Indian Institutes of Management reserves the right to allot a different exam center than the one chosen by the candidate. In the following given table, CAT Exam Centers are described:
- Candidates have to select the examination Center during the registration process.
- CAT exam centers are allotted on the basis of First Come First Serve basis
- Candidates once submit their application form can’t change their exam centers after that.
The candidates applying for the exam will have to choose from the mentioned cities as one of their test city. The Candidates will be provided a maximum of two options to be selected in order of priority for CAT Test Centers.
What to bring at CAT Exam Day?
The Candidates applying for the CAT exam would want to know about the documents and other things they are allowed/permitted to carry along with their CAT Hall ticket/Admit Card. Hall Ticket /Admit Card is a mandatory document and candidates are advised to bring along the admit cards by default. Here’s a list of things that you can/should carry to your allotted CAT Exam Centers.
- Valid Photo ID: Candidates can bring any of the mentioned documents as a photo id to their CAT Exam Center. However, the board encourages students to bring Aadhar Card to make the process centralize and common for all. Let’s have a look at the list.
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Multiple Size Photographs: Candidates are required to carry their recent photographs, same as the one used in CAT Admit Card. The photographs required are for documentation purposes.
- Stationary: Candidates will not be provided with any stationery by the conducting and convening authorities.
What not to bring for CAT Exam Day?
Candidates applying for CAT should also know about documents, objects and things that are prohibited inside the campus of CAT Test Venue. To ensure smooth conduct of the exam, candidates are requested not to bring the following documents/objects/things.
- Electronic devices
- Piece of Paper except CAT Admit Card
- Mobile phones
The board invites cooperation from the thousands of students appearing for test in order to make it a successful one. Hence, the board requests the students to abide by the all the rules and regulations including the documents they are as asked not bring at the center.
Important Instructions for the Test Venue
As mentioned earlier, the board expects to make CAT exam a successful one and to ensure smooth conduct, it has released a set of instructions that the board requests to be followed by the students inside the test venue. Here’s the list of important instructions for CAT exam
- Reach the examination center 45 minutes before the commence of test.
- The students will be allowed to leave only after the completion of test. No candidates whatsoever will be allowed to leave the examination hall prior to completion of test.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any document except CAT Admit Card at the exam center.
- No extra time will be allowed to any of the candidates unless deemed by the board itself (mostly in cases of candidates with scribes).